The busy life plus three: MY BOYS TURNED 2 AND 7

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

MY BOYS TURNED 2 AND 7

A week ago my boys turned 2 and 7. I cannot begin to express how shocked I am on how another birthday came by so fast. It is bittersweet and hard on my mama heart because it means 7 years ago my first born entered the world. May 25th changed my world, my heart, my life forever with Ryan...Five years later another blessing surprisingly came on the exact same day, my spoiled child Luke. I still have to remind and tell others how both my boys happen to share a birthday. Yes both were born on May 25th. And no this was not planned at all.. although both were c-section babies (you can read more about my birth story with Luke here) Luke was my Memorial Day baby and a total shock as he came two weeks early. 


So last year we celebrated the boys birthday here at home and we had a small amount of friends and family join us. We kept it small but fun as my oldest picked an Avengers theme party so it all seemed to work out since Luke was just turning 1 and seriously had no say in it (funny how that worked out for Ryan) Sometimes I hear negative comments on how it must suck to share a birthday with your sibling or how it's the parents fault from taking the special day from a child. I can't help but to feel disturbed with these negative thoughts from other people.. for one- I as a mother have no control on when my child is set to arrive, it is all in god's hands and second my oldest has not once felt less love or less special for sharing this big day with his brother.

If anything I love watching their bond and love for each other grow.

This year I was eagerly looking forward to May but to be honest it turned out to be a stressful month with bad things happening one after the other so again we decided for no big party and instead decided to take out the boys for a fun family night out. We had a few of our close friends join us for a bowling night at Bowlmor Lanes and I was completely excited since it was Luke's first time bowling. He went a little crazy and wanted to go each time even when it wasn't his turn to bowl. He also had one of his first of many more to come- tantrums because those terrible 2's are coming hard. I think it was the perfect setting for my wild child that helped me not have a breakdown moment (at least not a visible one) with a crying toddler. Between the arcade games, night light lanes, and all the food coming his way he let his crazy side run wild. 






With their rustic modern style and good old fashioned fun Bowlmor Lanes had music constantly playing in the background and that seemed to distract Luke a bit by putting him to dance. Not to mention the staff was so kind and attentive, checking in on us  and making sure we were not missing anything.The older kids had a blast as they bowled and snacked on the food Bowlmor provided us. So many choices but I think the cookie cake took the win for us all!



And can't forget to share this great deal going on right now Bowlmor is offering summer season passes where you get to bowl 3 free games everyday. For a small gathering with friends it was a fun stress-free night. I didn't have to worry about decorating, crafting, planning, nor cleaning up. Celebrating my boys with the people we love was the highlight of this month.

















12 comments:

  1. So special! My sister and I were born on the same date, 7 years apart. Both born via emergency c-section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, what are the chances of their birthdays being like that?! Happy Birthday to them, it looks like they had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are 5 and 10 now, so same ages in between. :) Happy birthday to your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such adorable photos! Looks like your family had a great day! Happy birthday to your two boys!

    xo Olivia | http://oliviadipede.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! As a mother I'm in awe that your boys share their birthdays, this makes life so much easier!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time with lots of delicious food! My two oldest are two years and one day apart, it makes for a busy time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool that they share a birthday! What a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an awesome stress-free party ! Love that giant hamburger '😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your sweet boys! Their celebration looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing thing to be able to share a party with your sibling! Sounds like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sayy whatt!!! What are the odds of them sharing the same BDAY?! I also get all the feels when I think about how old Jay is turning. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool is that? Sharing the same birthday with your sibling? I mean, this is not a common occurrence. Both siblings will always have a close bond, and parents would save money by having one celebration for two kids' birthdays. Wishing your boys a belated happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete