The busy life plus three: HOME IS WHERE MOM IS

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

HOME IS WHERE MOM IS

Mother's Day is this weekend and this will be another year I get to collect beautiful drawings along with a thoughtful card. To some it's an ordinary day but I see it as an opportunity to show our mother how important she is to us. 
A day where we show extra love and appreciation to our beloved mothers - because they are the heart and home of our family. 

This is a day to give ourselves some grace, a day to receive a big warm hug for all that we have accomplished as a woman, for the lessons and values we keep passing on to our children, for the inner strength we get to endure all the heartaches and hardships life throws at us. It is a day to pat ourselves on the back and say "I GOT THIS" simply because of everything that we do and everything we will continue to do for our children.

Not until becoming a mother I learn to appreciate my own mother so much more. It is like everything I put her through finally hit me and I realized this woman would do this all again for me...
why? because I am worth it to her.
Just like my children are worth it to me. 
Because a mother's love is that powerful 
Here are some things moms experienced and go through everyday but many might not understand...unless you are a  mom


Being a mom is hard. I know many say it but this is true- it really is the hardest job anyone can do. A job I took on as a young adult and it has push me through my very own limits and made me question myself and there has been multiple times I have doubted myself as a mother. They'll be times where you cry, you loose your sanity, you fail.. but you try again and you learn. And sometimes you just have to ask for help, and that is okay. I have found out that saying "yes" when family offers help is the best thing we can do as mothers. After all it takes a village.
There are times you feel the mom guilt. Some wonder and ask how you can find the balance when having more than one child. My answer to this is you just go with the flow. I don't think there is no way to find the perfect "balance". Many fear that they will lack showing love to their children equally if they have multiple children.  I feel you can give a child love in the smallest ways. One on one time running errands, reading together, cooking in the kitchen, movie time while the baby naps or taking advantage when the oldest sibling is at school. You can always find a way for alone quality time. I may not have all the answers or be able to silence the fear that some may have in finding their balance. Truth is... there are days I feel bad that my attention is not given equally to all kids as I always intend to do but I am reminded no matter how much attention one may need they all know I love them just the same. 
We struggle with our mom body. We are our own worst critic. We can put ourselves down because we are not like how we used to be (or better yet) how we would like to be. We compare our bodies to the ones who bounced right back after giving birth. We look at the ones who have no stretch marks. We look at the ones who look amazing in a bathing suit and start wondering what did we do wrong. And it sucks. But truth is we watched our bellies stretch to the point of no return. We watched our body change and felt our body ache in places we never knew we could. But remember this body carried and nurtured a baby for nine months. This body created life


The days feel long, the nights feel short. These feelings only occur when you are facing a bad day. It is natural, we are human after all. There are just days that don't end soon enough, that you are just staring out the door waiting for your spouse to come home and save you from drowning in sorrow because your kids refused to listen to you and you just cannot take it anymore. You don't have the patience anymore and it makes you wonder are you crazy or are they. But the thing is.. every mother out there has felt it too.
"There's no one right way to be a mom, there are moments where it's flawless. Other days that are chaotic, some days we are given all the patience and other days there's zero patience. We will make mistakes, there will be days we will wish for them back. But our journey is not to be perfect because motherhood is all about growing. Half the journey is learning together and simply just loving hard- loving with every ounce of us. And in the end that's all we could wish for, a perfectly imperfect love."
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, keep on loving hard!
 Because Mom is where Home is for us all. 

20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, with each paragraph I was enthusiastically nodding and saying YES YES YES. I completely connect with your sentiments in all areas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with all of this! My mom passed last year and I keep finding myself saying 'man, mom would love to see THIS' as I go through some of the stuff she had to deal with from me! I'm sure as my son gets older those moments will grow in frequency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes to the mom body! I am trying to give myself some grace after I've just had my second baby 8 weeks ago! But oh is it so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely appreciate my own mama so much more after having kids. And yes, the nights are definitely feeling quite short, as we have a 2 week old who is eating ever 2 hours at night. I know from experience how quick that first year goes, though, so I'm trying to savor the snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything in this post. Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all! I so appreciate my mother, especially now that I have my own children. Motherhood is the greatest challenge I have ever embarked on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and so accurate!!! I can relate to all of this and am so thankful for my mom and for being blessed enough to become a mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, couldn't agree more Patricia. I see the bond you and your mother have. Love it! It's honest and real and the best thing to have. Wouldn't do it in life without her by my side

      Delete
  8. I totally agree with all of this! I have such a deeper appreciation for my mom -- not just what she did but who she is -- now that I'm a mom too. I feel like motherhood is one long lesson in giving ourselves grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nodded my head through this post. Thanks for sharing such real thoughts and feelings in a beautiful way! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Love that... "there's no right way to be a mom". We're all in this, figuring it out together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day. This is so true.


    Cristy
    www.happyfamilyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, so sweet! Happy Mother's Day to you! I totally agree that you don't really fully appreciate your mom and all she's done for you until you become a mom yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post and agree with it so much! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Mothers Day! This is such a honest and touching post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I totally agree with so much of this post. The guilt and mom bodnissues are tough for me at times, but I'm finding a balance and peace with it. I hope you had a great weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you hit motherhood right on the head! Most days we do struggle with mom life and mom guilt. It IS hard! Plus, as you said we're sleep deprived on top of it! However, Mother's Day is such a perfect day to reflect on all of the joys of motherhood and to give ourselves credit for all of the little things we do that create a safe and happy home for our little ones. Home is definitely where mom is! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post! Perfectly captures motherhood

    ReplyDelete