The busy life plus three: WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR FAMILY IS COMPLETE

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR FAMILY IS COMPLETE

Happy New Year 2017!

With the new year here I wanted to share some of our family photos we took a few weeks ago before ending the 2016 year. Sometimes life gets busy and we get overwhelmed with things going on that we forget the most important things in life - like FAMILY.  All I have to do is stop and look at these photos and I remember how blessed we are with our family of five. Crazy, chaotic, but caring. Bringing in a new year many couples start thinking of the possibility of expanding their family or are looking forward to their new addition coming soon within the next couple of months. Many friends and distant relatives have asked us if we will expand our family this year. Seems like every two years I end up pregnant ( all my kids are 2 ½ years apart and the oldest and youngest are exactly 5 years apart) so it is a topic we haven't fully discuss openly with others, other than our parents but here we are feeling without  a doubt complete with what we already have. In other words we are "done" having children.

Countless mothers have been in this position and have asked themselves the same question and expressed this concern. But I am sure every mother can attest to the fact that you can love one or two or five children equally the same, there is no limit to a mother's heart. You will love every single one of your children as you have loved your first. So I can easily say this was not the issue.

But although that has never been a doubt for me, in my heart deep down I know I have to do what is right for my family, for my children, and also for my husband. It is no secret that children are expensive and quite frankly I feel very lucky to be able to be a part time worker but I sacrifice my weekends working and that means being away from my kids, also I feel my husband and I are at the point were we wish to start a family vacation with all the kids who are older now and we feel they could be ready to enjoy experiencing new adventures together. I also feel the need to finish what I have left undone these past years and that is my education. I do want to finish school and complete my degree. At this time in my life I feel is the only thing missing to fully feel accomplished. And as I searched for an answer I knew I had to listen to my gut instinct and follow my heart. 

Looking forward to this 2017 year I want to dedicate more time to my oldest two, bringing in our last child has taken a lot of my time as a mother. We tend to focus more on the baby of the family, because to be honest hellooo they need us the most! Now that Luke is 1 ½ years old he has become more independent and I am hoping my time can equally be invested with all 3 the way I have always invasion or at least I've tried it to be.  I have some beautiful healthy children that God entrusted me with. Which is why I am totally and completely content with our decision and know this is the best for our family. 











Photo Credit: D Trinh Photography 

19 comments:

  1. these photos are so cute girl! i just love your little family. also, i love hearing about your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chanel, Now that we know three kids is all we need we are ready to start planning family trips. I want to do at least 2 this year with them. I think they are ready and hoping it's not too overwhelming

      Delete
  2. it's definitely a hard decision, but like you said one that we each face. We just have one and some days I think it may be it, but others I'm not sure. you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay. I felt the same way after my first. I totally get you girl!

      Delete
  3. Your family is beautiful!. I'm sure everyone is also asking because you're just such a great example of family love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you mama!! We have four little ones, and it's hard for me to say that it's complete, but I'm definitely feeling that way!! LOVE your family photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tabitha, and thanks for stopping by to read. I appreciate that so much!

      Delete
  5. Your family is beautiful! One tip that I have always heard for parents of multiple children is for you to have a "date" once a month with each of them. Just you and that child so that they feel special :) You seem like such a great momma to your littles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've heard that a lot too. After my last son was born my husband and I started to do this to give the kids one on one time. We haven't done much of it lately except maybe one goes to the grocery store with one parent alone. But one of my favorite is taking my oldest to the movies with a friend and her son. A double date with someone his age always gets him excited! And my daughter loves anything where she's the center of attention

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you have! I love these photos and reading about all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are so gorgeous. I have been thinking about knowing when my family is complete. I have a question for you, what if you don't think it's complete, but your partner does? Like how does that affect you and how would you handle it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest my husband does make comments where he says he thinks we could be great with 4, For the most he's just joking and I know it's nothing serious. In the end it's something we both decided on and recently this fall he got a vasectomy. Which makes it pretty official!

      Delete
  9. Your family is beautiful. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand the feelings and emotions behind this type of decision. I think the key is to pray about it and trust God. My husband and I were just struggling with this and just turned it over to God. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything still lands up with the house and family and that we ought to take that further step in being resolute shoppers once it involves our selection of food. one amongst those decisions would be whether or not we would like to continue intake rotund foods, like nutriment, refined foods, processed foods or bleached foods.

    ReplyDelete